Sunday, October 29, 2006

Freecyclin'

Since I've been in the US I've been a subscriber to Freecycle. It's a non-profit organization of mailing lists all over the world, designed to keep unwanted items out of landfills for just a bit longer.

It's very "one man's trash is another man's treasure" in its design. I have an item that I no longer desire and offer it on the mailing list. Someone else asks me for it and I arrange for them to come and collect it, thus keeping it in use for a little longer. We've been gifted some wonderful items this way, and have given some of our own.

It's a really great idea and I encourage everyone to subscribe to their local chapter and join in the fun. I'm all for doing my bit to ease the burden on landfills, even just a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home